Skip to content

Keeping your fundraising safe and legal

Here you will find information to help you plan and prepare

Organising your own fundraising event?

There are a number of things to consider to make sure people are safe and that money is handled correctly.

Keeping it safe and legal information

If your event involves the sale of alcohol and/or live or recorded music, dancing, showing of a film or performance of a play, an indoor sporting event (including a boxing or wrestling match), or any entertainment of a similar nature, you may need a licence.

You can check whether your event will require a public entertainment or alcohol licence on the UK government website. Your event venue may already hold a licence, but if not, you will need to apply for a ‘Temporary Events Notice’ (TEN) via your local authority. A TEN usually costs around £20 and you can begin the application process online.

The fundraising team have always been incredibly helpful!  They’ve helped answer any questions that I’ve had, and given me confidence that I’ve covered all the safety bits that I need to for Woodfordstock.



Louise and her team are great at answering any questions and helping with any licence or health and safety issues that crop up.



We raise funds to support and develop hospice and end of life care services for people with life-limiting illnesses in our community with support for their families.

It’s thanks to you, and people like you that we are able to support the care provided within the hospice and by the Hospice at Home services each year.

Fundraise for us

Head back over to our fundraising page

Get in touch

Please contact us if you have any questions about your fundraising

Skip to content